Things to remember when you want to register a vehicle into your name
Buying a second - hand/used vehicle:
Registration Certificate or Log Book:
• It is important that you always obtain the original Registration Certificate and inspect it before you pay for a vehicle.
• The name of the owner and the title holder on the registration certificate must be the same.
• If the title holder is a financial institution - make sure the vehicle has been paid in full and you have a NCO form signed by the financial institution as well as a copy of the ID of the financial institution proxy ID.
• RWC not older than 6 weeks
• Make sure that if vehicle was stolen a Police Clearance has been obtained.
• Make sure that if the vehicle engine has been changed that a Police Clearance was obtained and the E-natis system has been updated.